for the vegetables:
- root vegetables of choice: I used 2 peeled and chopped beets, 1 peeled bunch of carrots, 1 bunch of radishes, 1 small bag of baby onions, and 1 head of garlic sliced in half
- olive oil
- drizzle of honey
- salt and pepper
- red chili powder
for the whipped feta:
- 6oz of feta cheese (crumbled or fresh)
- 1/2 cup of sour cream (more if needed)
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head of caramelized garlic (make with the roasted vegetables)
for the gremolata:
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- 1 small bunch of cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, zested
- zest of 1 large lemon
- toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and prep the vegetables. Peel the beets and chop into large quarters. Peel the carrots and chop the leaves off. Halve the radishes and slice a head of garlic in half. Drizzle all the vegetables generously with olive oil, salt and pepper, chili powder, and honey. Space all the vegetables out onto a sheet tray. Place the garlic cutside down. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes. Flip the vegetables except for the garlic, and bake for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown and caramelized. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Prep the whipped feta while the vegetables bake. Add the feta, sour cream, lemon zest, and salt and pepper to a food processor. Be light with the salt as feta is already salty. Pulse and whip the ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Once the vegetables have finished, squeeze the caramelized garlic into the food processor, and combine with the feta.
- Prep the gremolata. Chop the parsley and cilantro roughly on a cutting board. Zest the garlic clove onto the herbs, then zest the lemon. Use the knife to chop the three ingredients together until roughly brought together.
- To assemble, layer the feta on the bottom, top with roasted vegetables, and add the gremolata and pine nuts on top. Serve with crusty bread. Enjoy!