For the Vegan Chorizo:
- 1 cup Cooked Chickpeas
- 1 cup Cooked Lentils
- ½ cup Chorizo Oil
- 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar Powder
- 1 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tbsp Psyllium Husk(fine ground)
- To Taste Kosher Salt
- Place Chickpeas and Lentils in a food processor and pulse until a chunky mix forms. There should be large pieces, but no whole chickpeas.
- In a bowl, mix the Chickpea and Lentil Mix with all other ingredients until fully incorporated. Season with salt.
- In a hot pan over medium/high heat, warm 1 tbsp of your preferred cooking oil. Once hot, sear and mix the Vegan Chorizo until hot throughout. Set aside for your tacos!
For the Chorizo Oil:
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Fresh Garlic
- 6 Tbsp Cumin Seed
- 1 Tbsp Sweet Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Ground Turmeric
- ¼ Jalapeno Cut in Half
- In a saucepan over low/medium heat, combine the olive oil, garlic and cumin. Cook the mixture until the garlic cloves become golden brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for another minute. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool.
- Once cool, blend the ingredients together until a course paste forms. Set aside for use!
For the Cassava Tortillas
- 2 cup Cassava Flour
- 2 pinch Kosher Salt
- .8 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1.5 cup Warm Water
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- Combine the cassava flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar in a bowl by whisking thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the warm water and olive oil, then slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix by hand.
- Once completely mixed, make 1.5oz ball by hand.
- Once complete, using a tortilla press, make the tortillas by placing the ball of dough between two pieces of wax paper, placing it onto the press, and pressing until thin.
- After all the ball have been pressed into thin discs, toast them in a nonstick pan over medium heat, until golden brown.
- Set aside for use.