- 1 large bunch of lacinto kale, chopped
- 2-3 oranges, grapefruits, or citrus of choice, segmented
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 small jalapeno or pepper of choice, thinly sliced (optional)
- toasted panko breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
for the dressing:
- 1/4 cup of juice from citrus peels and cores
- juice from 1/2 large lemon
- 3 tbsp of honey (more to taste)
- 1/2 cup of tahini
- 1/2 jalapeno or pepper of choice (optional)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make the dressing. Add all of the ingredients to a small blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust as needed.
- To prep the salad, add the kale to a large bowl. Add 1/2 of the dressing to the kale and massage until kale is shiny and a deep emerald green color.
- Assemble the salad by adding all of the other ingredients to the kale. Toss with additional dressing as needed.